No products in the cart.
It is no secret that we all adore hair extensions. The gorgeous volume, the length, or simply the change of look gives us that extra boost of confidence. We’re all obsessed, and we have reason to be.
However, while extensions can be beautiful and make you feel beautiful on the inside and out, they can also be difficult to remove correctly. And, of course, if we don’t remove them properly, we risk damaging our natural hair or ruining our extensions, neither of which we want! So, to save you the agony of ruining your expensive hair extensions, we’ve put together a step-by-step tutorial on how to safely and properly remove your extensions. Let’s get this party started!
1. Sewn-in extensions
- Make a ponytail out of your entire head of hair (and separate the extension half of your hair into a separate ponytail if you can).
- Locate the end of the thread and carefully snip it. You can locate the sewing by tracing your fingers along the line of your scalp. Go as slowly as possible when snipping, as it is very easy to accidentally cut your natural hair! (In fact, we strongly advise having a friend or professional assist you with this.)
- Unwrap the remaining thread from your scalp. Hold your natural hair with one hand to avoid any uncomfortable tugging or breaking, while the other gently undoes the remaining thread. If you require additional assistance, you can purchase special product solutions that dissolve and break down threads, making the removal process much easier.
- Repeat until you believe you have unravelled all of the thread in your hair. Next, comb your hair to help detangle it and ensure that all of the artificial material has been removed. And you’re finished!
2. Glued or taped extensions
- Divide your hair into small portions.
- Locate the extensions in your hair and apply oil for 15 minutes. The oil aids in the breakdown of chemical bonds in glue or tape, making removal much easier. You can use coconut, almond, olive, or baby oil — whichever one you prefer!
- After rinsing the oil out of your hair, apply conditioner and wrap it in a towel to remove any remaining oil.
- Rinse and repeat until all of the glue has been removed.
3. Clip-in extensions
Removing clip-in extensions is by far the simplest removal method! This is how you do it:
- Begin by sectioning your natural hair above the ears and away from the first section of extensions on the back of the head.
- Remove one clip at a time, going slowly. To avoid stress or breakage, press your natural hair against your scalp.
- Work in sections to keep track of each extension and to avoid putting too much strain on your natural hair or getting the clips tangled.
- If you’re having trouble removing a clip-in, use a leave-in conditioner. If your natural hair is tangled or stuck to the extension, lightly dampen it and slowly comb it through to help remove it painlessly. And then you’re finished!
The Shell Hair
The Shell Hair provides you with the best 100% Natural Human Hair Clip In Extensions to get you out of the embarrassment of short or damaged hair.
At THE SHELL HAIR, your happiness and satisfaction with our Products are always at the top of our priority list. We pride ourselves on our customer service and being there with you in every step of the experience, from the time you purchase your SHELL HAIR till the very end
Our promise is to offer the highest quality human hair, with the widest variety of hair extensions and wig products, at the most inexpensive prices to stylists and consumers all across the world. Become a part of THE SHELL HAIR family today!
Browse our social media platforms by clicking the links below!